iva-advice.co is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
IVA Advice may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- information about individual debts
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular to help offer the most suitable solution for you and the most suitable company to help you.
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or
mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
By submitting your data you agree to this use.
- You undertake that all information that you provide is accurate and current.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- From time to time we also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. An example of sensitive information would be your religion or a medical condition.
- IVA Advice may use the information or parts of it to notify you about features and/or events or related activities that you may find useful.
- Third party providers using the site may access traffic usage patterns but your personal use or information will not be identifiable unless it is with specific regard to an Order/Application.
- From time to time IVA Advice may share this data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union who, together with IVA Advice.co or not, may use the information or parts of it to occasionally notify you about Scottishtrustdeed.co.uk events or related activities that you may find useful.
- If you do not want IVA Advice to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it and if you have or you believe that we have data about you that is incorrect please email us unsubscribe(at)scottishtrustdeed.co.uk or write to us at IVA Advice, Pentagon Centre, 36 Washington St, Glasgow G3 8AZ and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at info(at)IVA Advice.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to IVA Advice.