We offer free debt advice to make sure you get the help that you need. We will help you to review your financial situation and make sure that you make the right decision when it comes to managing your debt.
What are my debt options?
We can advise you on a number of different debt options, including:
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA’s) – An IVA is a formal debt solution, if you have over £5000 of unsecured debt. (See our helpful article – What is an IVA).
- Trust Deed Scotland – If you are living in Scotland and you have over £5000 of unsecured debt, a Scottish Trust Deed may be the best option for you. (See our page Trust Deeds Scotland).
- Bankruptcy – Often seen as a last resort, bankruptcy will completely wipe the slate clean, although it will come with some undesirable consequences.
- Debt Relief Order – If you owe under £20,000 total, your income is low and you do not have many assets, a DRO may be right for you.
Get ready for debt advice
So, what’s the deal?
To review your financial position in full, we will need you to have some basic information on y0ur finances ready. This will mean the advice you receive will be accurate to your situation. We would ask you to prepare the initial information:
- Credit card balances
- Loan balances
- Overdraft balances
- Any other types of debts
- 3 months payslips
- 3 months bank statements
- Proofs of ID
- How much do you spend on your gas and electricity?
- Rent or mortgage details
- Childcare details
- Travel expenses
- Food costs
- Housekeeping costs
- Phone costs
- Entertainment costs
Our advisors will allow you to send any documents electronically. So you can either email them or send them by WhatsApp. All details will only be held on file for the purposes of your application and will be deleted after advice has been given.