Do you owe money to Capquest?
If you have debts of over £5000, you may be able to write off your debt with an IVA
Who are Capquest Debt Recovery?
Capquest Debt Recovery are a debt collection company based in the UK with a registered office in Manchester. The company incorporated as Capquest Investments Limited in September 2004, under company number 05245825. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under number 718754.
Capquest is part of the Arrow Global Group, which focuses on investments and asset management.
If you have received a letter of a card from this debt collector, contact us immediately for independent, confidential and free debt advice. We will explore all of your options to stop this debt collector from being able to take any further action on your case. But you must act quickly! Our advice is 100% free, and we aim to help you as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
Important: Do not let Capquest Debt Recovery into your home, no matter what they tell you. Contact us immediately and our advisors will try to deal with them on your behalf.
So let’s find out more about Capquest and see how they work.
- Who are Capquest Debt Recovery?
- Will Capquest Debt Recovery come to my house to collect debts?
- How will Capquest Debt Recovery chase me if I don’t pay?
- How does IVA Advice help?
- What rights do I have against Capquest Debt Recovery?
- Capquest Debt Recovery Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if I ignore my debt with Capquest Debt Recovery?
- Can I write off my debts with Capquest Debt Recovery?
- Who do Capquest Debt Recovery collect for?
- Can Capquest send bailiffs?
- Who are Arrow Global Group?
- Do Arrow Global take you to court?
- What are the best Capquest Debt Recovery contact details?
- How can I make a payment?
- What if I have a complaint about Capquest?
- Are Capquest a legitimate company?
- Where can I go for debt help?
- Do Capquest collect debts for HMRC?
- Am I entitled to a refund if I overpaid?
- What reputation do Capquest have?
Will Capquest Debt Recovery come to my house to collect debts?
Capquest Debt Recovery may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect on your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all common tactics which Capquest Debt Recovery use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Capquest Debt Recovery. We understand the tricks and tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will Capquest Debt Recovery chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as Capquest Debt Recovery use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They usually follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods can feel aggressive, and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues; intimidation.
In the beginning, the first point of contact that Capquest Debt Recovery may use is an introductory phone call and letter. This communication is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges or penalties which may have built up and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The message will usually mention a list of steps that will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These items are generally:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Capquest Debt Recovery if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline, which could result in, for example, the company taking your property if you fail to pay the CCJ agreement
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the value debt of the debt accounts for over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with parties involved in credit arrangements and not just Capquest Debt Recovery. It is essential to understand the relevant rules, practice and legislation, and not take these letters personally. There is help at hand to enable you to get power and control back, but you should act quickly.
If you have been contacted by Capquest Debt Recovery about a money matter, contact us immediately, and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
How does IVA Advice help?
When you first contact us, you will notice that all of our people have vast experience in dealing with creditors such as Capquest Debt Recovery. As one of the largest debt websites in the United Kingdom, we pride ourselves on dealing with a high amount of debt-related queries in an empathetic, effective and speedy fashion.
We request reviews from everyone that we help. Some of our clients have given very detailed posts of thanks and feedback on how we have helped them, taken away the fear and how it has completely changed their lives. So please check out these reviews and see for yourself!
We deal with a variety of debt solutions and a wide range of debt companies. This experience means that you will always find the best debt solution for yourself, without exception. As we do not have ties to any one particular company, we can work hard to ensure you repay the very minimum cash that you need to, putting you in the best possible position.
What rights do I have against Capquest Debt Recovery?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you have certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Capquest Debt Recovery can not harass you. They can make calls to you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. What constitutes ‘reasonable’ does not have any concrete definition but rest assured that this means that you should not feel that Capquest are bullying you. However, you cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that Capquest Debt Recovery only contact you in writing, but if you do this, you must make sure that you are responsive to their letters as one of the conditions of working with them.
- Capquest Debt Recovery cannot speak to your family, friends, neighbours or other individuals about your debts. This rule is in line with UK data protection laws.
- Capquest Debt Recovery cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like an official court document. A law has passed to prevent this from happening now.
- Capquest Debt Recovery cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about Capquest Debt Recovery, or you feel like a victim of harassment, or that you are drowning under a high-interest rate; you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.
We’ll use our knowledge to understand your circumstances, your creditor repayments and your needs, and we’ll provide all the info and tips you need to solve this problem.
Capquest Debt Recovery Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I ignore my debt with Capquest Debt Recovery?
If you ignore your debts with Capquest Debt Recovery, they have the choice of a few different approaches.
Cap quest Debt Recovery may make court claims against anyone who owes money and ignores them. This method is a cheap but popular way for them to reclaim their money. If they choose to pursue your debt through the courts, you will receive a claim form through the post and you would either have to pay the money in full or dispute the bill. If you dispute the bill against Capquest Debt Recovery, you should take legal advice, as a lot of defences will not work in this situation.
Under the Limitation Act 1980, usually a creditor can pursue you for up to six years since you last made a repayment or recognised that you owed money. However, if the debt collector is successful in bringing a CCJ against you, they can pursue you for the amount owed indefinitely.
Can I write off my debts with Capquest Debt Recovery?
It may be possible to write off any debts that you have with Capquest Debt Recovery if you have a total of £5000 or more of unsecured debts. This debt can include loans, credit cards, catalogues, payday loans, overdrafts and any other unsecured debt.
Who do Capquest Debt Recovery collect for?
Capquest Debt Recovery are a debt collection agency, which means that they can buy debts from many sources and legally pursue them. Some of the most common debts for collections agencies are council tax arrears, high street lenders, parking fines, benefit overpayments, loans, banks, credit card companies, mobile phone operators bills, water and utility bills. If you have an unpaid account with one of these businesses, then there is likely to be a note within a section of your credit agreement terms and conditions that they can sell on your debt.
Can Capquest send bailiffs?
If you fail to respond to Capquest’s phone calls, letters or visits, then they can apply for a County Court Judgement (CCJ), following which the court could order a bailiff if you do not repay the CCJ.
Who are Arrow Global Group?
Arrow Global acquired Capquest in 2014. The company is an investor, asset manager and debt purchaser.
Do Arrow Global take you to court?
Arrow Global Limited own Capquest. They could take you to court to force you to repay your debt. In this scenario, you will receive letters notifying you that they intend to start court proceedings.
What are the best Capquest Debt Recovery contact details?
The Capquest contact number is 0333 999 7200. You can also contact them by email at email@example.com.
How can I make a payment?
You can repay the money you owe Capquest in the following ways:
- Explore an Individual Voluntary Arrangement with us, if you have debts of over £5,000 and two or more creditors
- Pay online by debit or credit card
- Set up a payment plan through an internet banking portal
- Call Capquest
- Send a cheque payable to Capquest Debt Recovery Limited to: Capquest Group, Capella Building, 60 York Street, Glasgow, G2 8JX
What if I have a complaint about Capquest?
If you have complaints regarding Capquest and how they are managing your payments, then you call their phone operators on 0333 999 7217.
Capquest Debt Recovery are authorised and regulated as a financial services provider, so if you are not satisfied with how they handled your complaint, then you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service as follows:
- Post: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
- Phone number: 0800 0 234 567 or 0300 123 9 123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) is no longer involved in this process.
Are Capquest a legitimate company?
Capquest is the trading name for a couple of limited company names that have a registration with Companies House in England and Wales:
- Company name: Capquest Debt Recovery Limited
- Registration number: 03772278
- Registered office address: Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW
- Company name: Capquest Investments Limited
- Registration number: 05245825
- Registered office address: Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW
They are a recognised debt collections agency (DCA) with offices in Farnborough (GU14 6FE) and Glasgow, that Arrow Global owns.
Where can I go for debt help?
If you would like debt collection guidance, then several institutions such as the Citizens Advice Bureau and Step Change, can support you with information, industry guidelines and support from others to get your life back on track.
Debt is something that impacts millions of people around the world, so don’t feel that you have to have the strength to deal with everything on your own. It can often feel that there is nothing you can do, but in fact, by reading just one article from a supportive body, you will see there is a lot you can do.
If you are receiving threats or have a question, then reach out to one of these bodies, or to our team of experts who will answer your questions and turn your money problems into results. Remember, at this moment, there is someone in the same place with their money as you, and there are things you can do today to start on the right road out of this difficulty. Our staff make it their business to look after your interest, to support and guide you through the process and give you peace of mind. Call us for free on 0800 233 5753.
Do Capquest collect debts for HMRC?
At the time of writing, the company are not one of the debt collection agencies that HMRC uses.
Am I entitled to a refund if I overpaid?
If you have looked at the numbers and believe you are due a refund (always a nice bonus!) as a member, then you can contact them on 0333 999 8019.
What reputation do Capquest have?
At the time of writing the company has a poor score of 1.9 on Trustpilot. There are negative comments such as a man reporting that they pursued statute barred debts and ones that did not have documentation.