Do you owe money to Rossendales Ltd?
If you have debts of over £5000, you may be able to write off your debt with an IVA
Who are Rossendales?
Rossendales Ltd are a Private limited Company with a company number of 01501584. They are licensed by the FCA to collect debts in the UK.
Important: Do not let Rossendales into your home, no matter what they tell you. Contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
So, let’s find out more about Rossendales and how they work…
Will Rossendales Ltd come to my house to collect debts?
Rossendales Ltd may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect to your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all very common tactics which Rossendales Ltd use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Rossendales Ltd. We understand the tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will Rossendales Ltd chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as Rossendales Ltd use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They often follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which Rossendales Ltd may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These steps are usually:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Rossendales Ltd if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just Rossendales Ltd. It is important to not take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
If you have been contacted by Rossendales Ltd, contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
What rights do I have against Rossendales Ltd?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Rossendales Ltd can not harass you. They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by Rossendales Ltd. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that Rossendales Ltd only contact you in writing, but if you do this you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters.
- Rossendales Ltd cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts. This is in line with UK data protection laws.
- Rossendales Ltd cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this happening now.
- Rossendales Ltd cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about Rossendales Ltd, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.