Absolutely amazing, hassle free, my rep was brilliant and i was treated impeccably, 5 stars across the board
Very professional and helpful explains everything
Very friendly and helpful
very friendly polite people explain everything clearly to you recommended this company
Have Jacobs’ enforcement agents visited your home or sent you a letter? Jacobs are a bailiff and debt collection company that Swansea Civil Justice Centre authorises to collect debts owed to their clients.
If you have received a letter of a card from this bailiff, contact us immediately for independent, confidential and free debt advice.
We will explore all of your options to stop this bailiff from taking any further action. But you must act quickly!
Important: Do not let Jacobs into your home, no matter what they tell you. Contact us immediately, and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
- Bailiffs can not push past you to enter your property.
- They can not enter your property between 9pm and 6am.
- They can only enter through a door.
An enforcement agent can visit your home when you do not pay your debts on time. They usually look to collect parking fines, court fines, council tax arrears, CCJ’s and family court judgements.
Bailiffs are sometimes known as:
- Civilian enforcement officers
- County court and family court bailiffs
- High court enforcement officers
- Certificated enforcement agents
Do you need help with Jacobs Enforcement?
Are you receiving letters from Jacobs?
Are they sending letters to your home address or your place of business?
Has Jacobs send you text messages or bombarded your home phone and your mobile phone with calls at different times of the day?
You may have noticed that Jacobs call you from several different phone numbers; some may even display local phone numbers to where you live.
Will Jacobs Enforcement come to my house to collect debts?
These methods can have a detrimental effect on your mental and physical health and the people around you.
These are all very common tactics that Jacobs use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Jacobs. We understand their tactics, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
Will Jacobs Enforcement come to my house to collect debts?
They often follow a debt process that will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive, and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs.
Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which Jacobs may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol.
You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full.
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Jacobs if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just Jacobs. It is important not to take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
If Jacobs has contacted you, contact us immediately, and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
Here’s how we can help with Jacobs Enforcement:
When you first contact us, you will notice that all of our employees are vastly experienced in dealing with creditors such as Jacobs. As one of the largest debt websites in the United Kingdom, we pride ourselves on dealing with a high amount of debt related queries in an empathetic, effective and speedy fashion.
We request reviews from every single customer who we help; some of them have given very detailed feedback on how we have helped them and how it has completely changed their lives (in a very short space of time). So please check out these reviews and see for yourself!
We deal with a variety of debt solutions and a wide range of debt companies. This means that you will always find the best debt solution for yourself, without exception.
As we are not tied to any one particular company, we can work hard to ensure you repay the very minimum that you need to.
What rights do Jacobs Enforcement Agents have?
Any company that chases customers for outstanding debts like overdue council tax must follow a stringent code of conduct.
In our opinion, this still needs to be tightened up as it seems to rely on intimidation. This is usually demonstrated by the field agents who visit your home. The field agents are usually male, large in stature, and try to command authority with their voice and actions.
But in reality, companies such as Jacobs are only interested in collecting as much money back in debts as possible. The welfare of the debtors is usually the last thing on their mind.
Jacobs Enforcement Agents can exercise the following rights:
- They can send letters to addresses where they think that you live, including new addresses which you have not provided to them
- They can call you on phone numbers which they believe you to have access to
- They can visit you at your home or appoint representatives to visit you at home
- They can add charges, interest and penalties per the original agreement you entered into
- They may have the “right to offset”. This usually happens in situations when you have a debt with a bank, but you may also have money held within that same bank (for instance, a credit card and a current account)
- If you do not pay on time, they may register a default on your credit file. This sometimes happens very quickly, but you should be given notice of this upfront. If a default is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- Jacobs can apply for a county court judgement (CCJ). If a CCJ is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- If your debt with them is over £5000, they can issue a statutory demand. This is usually the first step in petitioning for your bankruptcy. You would need to appoint a legal representative (usually a solicitor) to represent you in these circumstances.
What rights do I have against Jacobs?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s well-being.
They can not harass you.
They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition, but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by them. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that they only contact you in writing, but you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters if you do this.
They cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts.
This is in line with UK data protection laws.
They cannot pretend that they have powers that they do not possess.
In the past, creditors have used documents that look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this from happening now.
Jacobs cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
Is Jacobs Enforcement legit?
Their address is 6 Europa Boulevard Birkenhead Merseyside England CH41 4PE.
If you are worried about Jacobs Enforcement, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.